(1) The working speed of the hydraulic press is low, the forging is uniform under the condition of static pressure, the recrystallization is full, and the forging organization is even.
(2) Die forging, rough and tool contact time is long, such as bad lubrication, mold preheating temperature and low, in the deformation of the upper and lower end surface, due to temperature drop, will cause deformation dead zone.
(3) When forging large thin-walled structural parts, metal flow inertia is much smaller than die forging on hammer and mechanical press, and it is not easy to fill the complex, narrow and deep groove. Compared with the die forging on the hammer, the defects such as backflow, folding and rib wear are not easy to appear.
(4) can be installed in the mold heating, insulation device, so that the mold can be maintained at a higher temperature (depending on the mold material), which for the aluminum alloy, titanium alloy and high-temperature alloy (or hot mold) of the isothermal forging forming benefits.
(5) as in the crank press on the die forging, the forging billet in a single stroke under the continuous deformation until the full groove, so the deformation deep and uniform. In particular, multi-directional die forging hydraulic press can be in several directions at the same time to forge the blanks, so that the forging streamline more reasonable distribution, the mechanical properties of more uniform, forgings, the dimensional accuracy is higher.
(6) as the hydraulic press is static load, the mold can be converted to casting and a small amount of machining, shorten the mold cycle, reduce production costs.
(7) Because of the ejection mechanism, the hydraulic press can die forging the small-die forging slope or the precision forging without die forging.
(8) Hydraulic press on the die forging generally in a stroke, it can reduce heating fire times. However, in order to reduce eccentric loading, hydraulic presses adopt single step die forging. Hydraulic press is mainly used for forging large forgings of nonferrous alloy with sensitive strain rate.